These are the reading challenges extending throughout the whole week. Those who complete the most challenges (participants will comment progress at the end of the read-a-thon) will be randomly selected to get first pick, second pick, then third pick from among three prizes. The prizes are:
Room by Emma Donahue + Senora series sticker + espresso bookmarks+ barnes and noble tote
write notebook + signed david estees bookmark + mini stationary set + book mark pens
zaria fierce trilogy e book card
As with every readathon we operate, you must be 18 or older OR have parental permission to qualify.
- Read a spooky book
- On Halloween, you pretend to be someone or something else. Read a book in a genre that is out of the ordinary for you.
- Read a book with any of the following: ghosts, vampires, witches/wizards, or faeries.
- Halloween only lasts one night, so select and read a book you can finish in one day.
- Halloween is also about having a fun time with friends and family so read a book book you feel nostalgic about.
- During Halloween, it is hard to decipher who is who since everyone is in a costume. Pick a book by a debut author or an author you have never read before.
- Read a book on Kathy’s or Olivia’s Festive Reads Halloween list.
One of the reading challenges is to read a book on Olivia or Kathy’s Book Pick List. Below are seven books Kathy and Olivia would recommend, select one!
- The Diviners by: Libba Bray
- Heist Society by: Ally Carter
- The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love by: Sarvenaz Tash
- The Princess Diaries by: Meg Cabot
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by: J.K. Rowling
- A Wrinkle in Time by: Madeleine L’Engle
- Frankenstein by: Mary Shelley
- The Shining by: Stephen King
- Water for Elephants by: Sara Gruen
- Jackaby by: William Ritter
- The Program by: Suzanne Young
- Room by: Emma Donoghue
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by: Holly Black
- Anna Dressed in Blood by: Kendare Blake